Saturday, January 29, 2011

Some Cheer

Last year was the first time I had decorated the house between Christmas and spring. Last year, though, I was inspired by all of the wonderful blogs and copied ideas. I made these last year and loved them. (Note that was before I even knew how to add a link properly). Anyway, this year I wanted to change them a bit so I took the ribbons off and stuck each one on a candlestick.


The girls made the heart garland and with a few other items around the house, we are done.


(Shaggy made this in the first grade)

Simply, but cheery.

3 comments:

Windy Meadows Farm said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I always think spring is hard to decorate for because I love navy, black, mustard, barn red...those darker country colors. So spring is a bit tricky...I appreciate your ideas and will give them a try! And scissors...what a good idea for cutting those marshmallows...thanks for stopping by!

Farmchick said...

That is colorful and cheery. I always enjoy Valentine's Day. A nice bright spot in dreary winter!

It's Grace said...

Looks great! It's fun to add something after Christmas to brighten things up. I love your projects!!

:)Erin