Monday, January 24, 2011

Pea Soup

We are socked in today with fog as thick as pea soup today and I wonder...

...if you make Pea Soup, do you use yellow or green split peas?
There actually IS a reason I ask this. Growing up, Mom made the best Pea Soup ever! I have been making it for years, I thought the same way. Last year, while visiting my sister, the subject came up. Turns out, my Mom uses yellow peas...my sister and I both use green! Mom assures us she has ALWAYS used yellow...Bec and I are not convinced. So, what do you use?

3 comments:

Ann said...

Yellow it is, because that is the way all the Scottish family made it, both in this and the old country. The only argument was whether to put in a wee bit of grated carrot or not....NOT!

On Monday, the soup was put on the stove about 7am, all the beds were changed, the week's laundry was done and hung out to dry, and the soup was ready for lunch when Grandad came home from the blacksmith shop for his mid-day meal.....often with a friend in tow.

Farmchick said...

I have never made pea soup. For real. I do like your photos. Fog can be so beautiful.

Tipper said...

Wow now that is some fog : )