Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Days with Mom are the Best

I had a terrific day with my Mommy yesterday. She picked me up and we headed to a nearby town to check out a new Hobby Lobby. Now, I have been hearing of Hobby Lobby online for some time, but had never been in one. I must say that I am glad it is in another town because it could be dangerous! We walked every aisle and I had so many ideas pop into my head. I did leave with two of the cutest boxes that I will store my recipes in when I decide to take on THAT project...my current recipe filing system involves a small cupboard that one must open and close very quickly in order for the recipes not to slide out and onto the floor. Anyhoo...Mom then took me to a fantastic little Thai restaurant for lunch where we visited and ate yummy food. I have only had Thai food a few times, but love it every time. After a quick (really quick) run into Costco for toilet paper we arrive home in time to pick the girls up from school BEFORE they went to the "forgotten wall". (The forgotten wall is where the kids whose parents are late in picking them up wait...always looks so sad) It was a fantastic day with a fantastic lady!
Thanks, Mom.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Isn't Hobby Lobby WONDERFUL?! It's a good thing it's 2 hours away! :) Interesting that toilet paper is the one thing we always just run in for! We're always running out - even in the quantities we buy in!

Farmchick said...

Glad you had a great time with your mom!

klutzymama said...

Ha ha ha! The Forgotten Wall cracks me up!
Oh I LOVE Hobby Lobby. I have to stay outta that store most of the time because I could spend a ton in there.

Michelle said...

What a sweet post! Hobby Lobby is so awesome, maybe second only to Ikea in my book! Thanks for stopping by my blog and so glad to visit yours!

It's Grace said...

How fun!! I love Hobby Lobby. It's relatively new to our city, and you're right, it's dangerous. You really do have to take your time and look on each aisle because there is so much.

Your boxes sound great!! I'm cleaning out my recipe box this week. I can't believe how many folded up papers and newspaper clippings could fit in there!

BTW, I'm doing a tween/teen giveaway on my blog right now, you may be interested.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I don't go in Hobby Lobby often cause it's too hard on my pocket book. LOL
But I love just browsing around in there.
I love it that you and your Mom just hang out together for the day. Enjoy it while you can!!