Monday, January 31, 2011

Eggs!

I've mentioned before that when we moved to the country nearly 8 years ago, I wanted chickens. Well, long story short, last February, hubby built me the coop of my dreams and got baby chicks over the summer. We only have three chickens...Ariana, Daphne and Velma.
Yesterday, we discovered these two beauties!
I am so excited...so is Sugar Plum Fairy...we both squealed in delight and she carried them with her as though they were her babies.
We also saw the sun yesterday for a bit before a new storm came through with lightning and thunder something fierce!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

klutzymama said...

Awesome, congrats on the eggs!!

Farmchick said...

I love the name Velma! I miss my chickens, as we had some trouble with varmits.

Tipper said...

Congrats on the eggs!! I want chickens-but just haven't been able to get it together yet. But I'm going to keep trying : )

Twisted Fencepost said...

Yay for the eggs and the sunshine!!!
Love your chickens!
One day I'll have me a coop full of them, too!