Sunday, December 12, 2010

What a Difference a Week Makes

We had some overnight lows below freezing recently and they helped turn the leaves on the walnuts a bright yellow. This photo was taken last Monday.

These were taken yesterday afternoon...note the leaves are now just on the bottom of the trees.


Inside the orchard, the leaves are all on the ground. The smell of them when I walk now, takes me back to my childhood.


One of the benefits of walking to get the mail is waving to the passing traffic.

I love living here!

5 comments:

Farmchick said...

This is beautiful. We are under a winter weather watch here in KY with no school tomorrow!

klutzymama said...

Oh I love that last picture!!
School is canceled today here in Indiana as well. We're sledding down the hill out back for sure!

Tipper said...

Love the pics!! Such energy in the 2nd one : )

Love your Christmasy background and music too!!

Melinda said...

I had to bribe one of my kids to walk to the end of the driveway to get our mail today. Nobody wanted to go into the frigid weather! :) Your pictures warmed me!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Wow! That's a bunch of walnut trees.
It's cold here. We've already had the first snow of the season. On Christmas night. Can you believe that South Carolina has already had snow???!!! I can't!