Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fun Afternoon

Mini Members in 4-H range in age from 5 - 9 and are tons of fun. As a leader, I try to have projects that will hold their interest, be fun and give them an idea of what 4-H has to offer. I have 9 kids in this project and today we were decorating "cake" (Styrofoam) with fondant. I did have 4 girls who are in the regular cake decorating project come help and they were invaluable. We had 6 kids show up and they were quite creative. I had fabric remnants and most kids came up with an idea from looking through that. These are three examples Max wanted to feature his dog...


(The dog was sculpted by an older member)



Patrick chose a beach scene...


and Sugar Plum Fairy was in the Christmas spirit.

.

We also had a cow print, a monster and a horse themed cake. It was a lot of fun for kids and adults alike.

2 comments:

Farmchick said...

These are so cute. What talented kids.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Those cakes are adorable!
I'll bet that was fun.
Guess I'm too old to be in your class, huh?? tee hee