Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No Words

A FaceBook friend is posting something that she is grateful or thankful for everyday in November. When I read that Sunday night, I signed right up. My heart was overflowing with thankfulness and gratefulness at that moment and this would help me put those feelings into into individual words and thoughts. Does that make any sense at all? Anyway, Hubby was in a car accident on Friday night at the end of the driveway. He is very sore, but in one piece and the people in the truck that hit him have just minor injuries, as we understand it. That is the first thing I am grateful for. I won't go into details here, but I felt the hand of God surrounding us and protecting all of us...there is no other explanation. Since we moved into the country 8 years ago, I have known that neighbors take care of each other. When my best friend's father passed away suddenly several years ago, farming neighbors came from miles around and harvested the crop that needed to be finished without being asked...they saw a need and did it. My hubby grew up on a dairy and when his father passed away, I saw the same support, love and friendship in those neighbors as they came to help. Saturday night, I felt it firsthand. Our most immediate neighbor was the first one to the accident and led me through the things that needed to be done once I arrived. He also stayed with our truck until the tow truck came. Other neighbors came to offer support and then came back the next morning to fix our mailbox and pick up broken bits of glass. Last night as I was headed to bed, I heard a knock on our front door. I opened it to yet another neighbor who handed me the keys to his truck to use until we figure out our situation. I darned near burst into tears. While I am thankful and grateful for so many things, there are just no words to express the vast magnitude of those feelings.

4 comments:

alicia said...

What a touching story of blessings! So glad your husband is doing okay!

Farmchick said...

Glad to hear that your husband is alright. Living in the country/small town is such a priviledge. Not always perfect, but people really do take care of each other.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Wow, what a touching post!
I am very glad your husband is only sore.
Here's to life in the country. LOVE IT!!

Rebcam said...

Kindness reaps kindness, Jen, so it's no surprise to me. I have never known anyone who feels more compassion for others than you do, and I'm thankful that you are able to feel that from your neighbors. Love you!