Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Son


Almost sixteen years ago, I entered the hospital to give birth to our first child. Shaggy was a week overdue at the time and while I adored being pregnant, I was ready to hold this baby in my arms...well as ready as any new mother ever is. I prayed that I would be a good mother to him and help him grow into a kind, happy and healthy man. While I expect the next couple years to have rocky moments, I am comforted with the fact that he is indeed healthy, kind and happy...when he's not mad at me for taking his phone or I-Pod away.
I am a lucky Mom.

7 comments:

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Awww...time passes so quickly, doesn't it? He looks like such a sweet and happy boy.

Hope you're having a wonderful day..

:)Erin

PS: Love your background!!

alicia said...

Happy birthday to your "baby"!

Stefanie said...

Happy Birthday to Shaggy!!! There is nothing better in the world than a mom's love.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Happy birthday, Shaggy!!!
Don't be too hard on Mom, she does all things out of love for you!!

klutzymama said...

Happy Birthday, Shaggy! You have a great mama, so try to cut her some slack now & then, k? ;)

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Time flies by. Sixteen, wow. That's a big one.

tipper said...

16-wow! I can't believe mine will be that old in only 2 years : ) I hope his B-day was extra special!!