Monday, October 11, 2010

First of all, I am sorry for my grumpiness on Friday...as it turned out the lake in my kitchen was not anything severe. Seems the carton of ice cream got put in the ice cube area, and pushed up against the water dispensing thingy..ran all night. The water stayed away from the wood floor and I had a nicely washed floor when all was said and done. Saturday morning began super early for Lollipop Pop and I, as she was participating in a 4-H event that required her to be at the fairgrounds by 5:30am...Shaggy had a baseball game in a neighboring town that morning as well. We all worked together and Shaggy's party in the evening was a lot of fun and I didn't even stress too much. The kids played volleyball, had an impromptu football game and hung out around the fire pit that Shaggy had built. I also taped some butcher paper onto a board and had all the guests sign it. He has sweet comments and helpful suggestions.

I made cake balls with Charger logo flags...

and an arrangement in a football. I simply cut a hole in the top of a cheap ($4.00) football and stuck a mason jar inside. I loved it!

Everyone seemed to have a good time and I slept until 10:42AM on Sunday! (Haven't done that is years!)

Happy Columbus Day!










3 comments:

Farmchick said...

Glad to hear that everything turned out okay and that the kitchen disaster was fixable!

Mrs. Dunbar said...

You got to sleep until 10:42? Good for you!

I'd ask for a car too if it was my birthday.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Love that football flower arrangement!
Glad the water problem was an easy fix. How often does that happen?