Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm Moving!

When we moved to the country, this town girl was chompin' at the bit, although I do not care for creepy crawlies or rodents. I have survived lizards falling (I STILL say it jumped) from the patio ceiling down my front, I go into black widow killing mode when I feel a web, I set mouse traps and I pretend the snakes don't really reside nearby. But, THIS is too much!

The has been a sighting of a WEASEL being chased by our dogs, INTO the barn! I didn't know we had weasels in this area...probably something I ignored in my brain, like the snakes. Wikapedia has many lovely pictures such as the one above and says that they are nocturnal (why was it seen during the day...hmmmmm?) and that they are not dangerous to humans (unless it jumps, or crawls or looks in my direction and I die of cardiac arrest...that seems dangerous to me)...anyway, a trap has been set, the baby chicks are safe and I plan on not venturing outside, for like...forever!

5 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

They are sneaky little creatures.
You just have to be more sneaky than they are.
Like setting a trap.
You are doing great.
See there....you don't have a thing to worry about!

klutzymama said...

Wow - a real live weasel? I've never seen one in person. Don't want to either!

Farmchick said...

Wow, a weasel?! Interesting! I wonder if we have those around here. I hope not!!

Just Plain Tired said...

I don't think country living can be considered complete until a person encounters a few weasels. ;)

alicia said...

It never ceases to amaze me the critters and creepy crawlies we have found on our acreage. The latest was a possum which I know we have in town, too, but this was caught in our trap. Man are they UGLY! My son appreciates the target practice though...