The wrapping paper was stored in wine boxes that had been covered in lovely and mismatched contact paper. The wine boxes had the separators in them to aid in organization...didn't work well.
I have recently used it for things like gift tags, tape, scissors but it never worked well... the drawers fell off the guides and some were broken. After I transferred everything from it to another chest of drawers, I wondered if I could use it in another way.
I didn't take many photos (bad blogger), but suffice it to say that this part was super easy. I also decided that I needed the shelf in the closet higher as well as the bar. This proved to be the most difficult part of the job...it involved much hammer hitting, prying and pleading with the shelf to help. It finally cooperated.
By having the rod hang higher, I could place the wrapping paper underneath the hanging coats.
While it is not a professional job, it meets our needs and I am thrilled!