Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Mantle

While we had gorgeous temps last week, we have been at the century mark this week and fall seems like something that may never occur. I did decorate our fireplace area with the hope that it would encourage summer to retreat and let fall in stay awhile.

The hands on the fireplace are in a shadow box that I will hang somewhere, but for now I'm glad I finally finished it. It is amazing to see the size differences between the three kidnicks.

So, come on Fall...we are READY!

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

Very nice. Could you come decorate for me? I would love to have my house decorated. I'm ready for fall myself. Love the cooler weather.

klutzymama said...

Love the hands! That is adorable. Your mantel looks great.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Very pretty!
I am ready too.
Come on fall!!!
And I like that handprint shadowbox. Neat idea!!

Lindy @ Homemade Satisfaction said...

Hi! I've been wanting to thank you for some time now for all of the kind and encouraging comments you have left on my blog! I have appreciated them so much! I love your fall mantel- very festive! And I love the chalk board you made as well! The spaghetti squash mishap made me laugh- only because it has happened to me before too! Definitely not a fun mess to clean up! You have a great blog, I'll be back to visit!

Jocelyn said...

Looks great! I too am ready for summer to retreat completely:-) I heart fall time!

Kristin said...

Not to make you jealous or anything, but today is a wonderful fall day here in VA. Sunny, breezy, and cool. We'll see how long it lasts! I'm sure it will make it to your neck of the wood soon! In the mean time though, your mantle is looking cute and cozy! Thanks for joining TPoTP today Jen! Happy October!

Kenzie said...

Love the colors! It has been super warm in Colorado too, I hate to admit it but I am kind of ready for fall! Stopping by from Windy Poplars!