Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Olives

When we bought our home, there were 2 olive trees thriving on the property. I decided that first fall, that I was going to cure olives. We had a friend who made the best olives around and I had the recipe! How hard could it be? Hmmm....keeping the olives submerged in lye water and changing it twice a day sounded easy enough....until the skin on my hands began to peel. Not a good thing.
I am now older and wiser and am thinking about trying it again...
I will buy rubber gloves this time.

3 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Oh, definitely buy some rubber gloves! And use them faithfully.
Good luck! Can't wait to read how it turns out.

Farmchick said...

Actually sounds like an interesting project. But, sometimes with kids and other responsibilities, "interesting projects", get put by the wayside. Or, at least they do for me!

Ashley said...

COOL!! I have never seen an olive tree before!! Wouldn't even know how to grow it. Are you putting those in your county fair? Good luck to you!