Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lists and Stink

Last week was a wasted week in my opinion. Kids were all in school, Hubby was out of town for almost a week, Shaggy flew away (safely returned to the nest on Sunday, so this Mama Bird is content), bedtime and morning routines were still not tweaked properly for school and I did NOTHING! I may have even taken a nap one afternoon that required me to set the alarm clock as to not sleep through picking the kids up...maybe...
This week, I have kicked myself in the hiney and begun my list making and list doing. I adore crossing completed items off a list! I made my Tuesday To Do List last night and got up this morning ready to begin. I propped my eyelids open with toothpicks, made the coffee, opened windows in the house to let in the fresh, cool air and set myself down work...errrrr, read blogs before the kids get up. I was happy...I was proud and then the stench of a nearby skunk wafted through the open windows!
HAPPY TUESDAY!

3 comments:

Emie Kay said...

Oh man, I can't wait for the time in life when I get to "waste" a week, but I think I'll be just like you and be back to my list making pronto. Blessings on your school year. See you soon at 4-H, emie

Farmchick said...

I have those times in the summer when we are out of school and I am not teaching. I have so many thing planned and then they don't get accomplished!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Hey, you deserve a week of nothingness. You had a very busy summer.
I love taking naps when no one is around.
And I love marking things off the list, too.
Sometimes we just have to recharge.
Sorry about the skunk!!