Monday, July 26, 2010

My Kidnick Days

When Shaggy and Lollipop Pop were younger I decided that I needed one on one time with each of them. I loved hearing their thoughts and stories with out interruptions of a sibling. The idea of giving them each a special day when it was time to go school shopping was born. The other child would spend the day with Grandma and the two of us would spend all day together, shopping and eating lunch at the restaurant of their choice. The actual school shopping is easier and more enjoyable because no other kidnick is waiting for their turn and whining, "When is it MY turn?"and "He/she got more than me!". (Not that they ever did that)

Anywhooo... Sugar Plum Fairy's turn was on Friday. She had decided on Chili's for lunch and we worked around that. We talked about school and what she was excited and nervous about...she was giddy over her backpack and lunch box ...she learned to tie her own tennis shoes and then had a fashion show for the rest of the family.
She deemed it "The very best day EVER!"

5 comments:

klutzymama said...

She is so CUTE!!! Lovin' the shades and head band combo! :)
We haven't done special days with the girls since last winter. We each take one and spend the day with them doing whatever they want. We need to do that again soon. It really is a great way to spend uninterrupted quality time with them. Glad you girls had a great day!

tipper said...

Adorable! The special day thing is wonderful idea-not sure I could ever get it done-but I think I'm going to give it a try!

Farmchick said...

VERY nice that you do this with your children. My daughter and I are doing a little school shopping on Friday and she cannot wait. We call it our, "Girl Time".

klutzymama said...

California!!! I know this has nothing to do with this post and you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but you're in California, right? It just dawned on me. I don't know if you read it or not, but I responded to your comment about peppers the other day on my blog and for some reason I was thinking that you were in Michigan and I kept wracking my brain trying to figure out where you were! But it just hit me - CALIFORNIA!!! Right???

Twisted Fencepost said...

Adorable picture!!
Although my daughter is an adult now, we don't get much time together now that she has a family of her own.
But this past weekend we got to spend two evenings together while the guys went fishing.
I loved every last minute of it!