Monday, June 21, 2010

This post is certain to be disjointed and random...sorry. I seemed to have a lot of small projects that I wanted to complete and I took photos of them for some bizarre reason.

I found this and thought the kids might enjoy putting their own twist on them.


Hubby seemed to enjoy the items that were chosen by each kidnick...they signed their name on the back. The card was accompanied by two packs of mini Snickers...I would have included them in the photo, but it seems Hubby has already stashed them.



All three kidnicks made the banner..


The idea came from here.

On Saturday, we spent a wonderful evening with my sister and her family and celebrated the summer birthdays. Mom and Dad were there as well and virtually beamed with pride at having everyone together and enjoying one another. I even received this clock! My grand parents had one in their kitchen for as long as I can remember and my sister knew that it would make me happy...



It does!



Shaggy and I made the flower pot thingy for my sister and I am pleased for a first time
effort. It is simply tin cans screwed to a piece of wood that Saggy cut a handle into and then planted.




Latly, we thought collecting sand from different vacations would be a fun and inexpensive way to remember the places we have visited. So...we came home with 4 water bottles filled with sand from the beaches of Europe! I originally thought little labeled spice jars would be the way to display the sand, and I will probably do that eventually, but last week I decided to make a table display. I etched the name of each location on a glass and filled with the sand. I am not sold completely, yet...still needs a bit of tweaking, but a good start.

3 comments:

tipper said...

Not sure what I like best-the banner-the planters, the sand or the cute kitty clock : )

Twisted Fencepost said...

I'm with Tipper. I can't decide on my favorite. They are all great ideas. But I'm kinda partial to that clock.

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

That clock is exactly like the one is "Honey I Shrunk the Kids"!! LOVE it! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet comments!!