Saturday, June 26, 2010

Our Country's Birthday

In the midst of last week's random projects, I also redecorated the mantle for the 4th of July.
I made tissue paper flowers to cover wreath forms from The Dollar Store and added more flowers here and there.
The flag on the left side of the mantle was made by Sugar Plum Fairy last year and the wooden one on the right was made by Shaggy about 11 years ago. He spent the night with his Grandpa, who let him make this masterpiece from scrap wood.
I have always loved it and am thrilled to have it displayed properly.


I am also linking up with the fabulous Tatertots and Jello Party...


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up   party!
and Under the Table and Dreaming...

UndertheTableandDreaming



HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following you on Google Friend Connect. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

~Amber http://paintchipsandfryingpans.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Followed you over from TT&J. Cute mantle! Makes me wish I had one to decorate. :)

klutzymama said...

Wow, that looks great!

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

Ooh, I love your Patriotic Mantle! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You'll have to let me know if you make them!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Looks great!
I haven't decorated anything for Independence Day and it's almost here.
I know...shame on me!