Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm not alone

I discovered Erin's blog several months ago and it struck a chord...her beliefs, her humor, her politics and her eagerness to share them so openly, drew me in. In May, Erin went on a clothes shopping spree and had her camera along to photo the inappropriate clothing that is being sold to to our girls in the mainstream marketplace. She has since begun a feature each Monday that I am enjoying. Moms Standing Together For Modesty is a place I visit each week and know that I am not alone and that what I believe in and am trying to convey to my children is very important! My first thought when Lollipop Pop was given these jeans last week (after I picked my jaw up from the floor) was that I had to share a picture of them.

3 comments:

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Oh my gosh, those pants are crazy! Were they given to your daughter from a friend or something? We've been blessed with hand-me-down type clothes before which I love getting, but some went directly to the trash because they just weren't appropriate.

Thank you SO much for linking up and sharing your heart today. It means so much to me. And your sweet comments are so appreciated. Thank you for standing up with me!

So, I am confused, sometimes this happens. Did you switch blogs, or consolidate blogs? I thought I was signed up to follow you, but according to the followers section. But I remember chatting with you a lot. So, I signed up to follow, even though I thought I was already following.

Jen said...

Erin, in all honesty, they were passed to her by a dear person who thought they might fit...didn't even think about the message they would send. I thought they were so bad that they were funny. I didn't consolidate blogs and know we have chatted before...not sure what;s up. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Jen

Twisted Fencepost said...

You know what's even worse? The one's with a worn out spot on the seat of the pants that have split.
To me....those pants are worn out. Time to cut them up for quilt pieces.