Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Whirlwind

We are in the midst of the whirlwind that I have known would be approaching for 10 months. Lollipop Pop and I went on our trip to the East Coast last week and the local fair setup began last night. I had offered to help set up the indoor exhibits with a friend for the first time this year. This began shortly after 3:00pm and involved accepting the 4-H and FFA kiddo's cooking, photography, rockets, etc and getting them set up for the judging. When I volunteered, I thought that would be it...nope.... we also recorded the judges' results and placed ribbons where they needed to go....until 9:30PM! Needless to say, I was dragging when I got home. The best part about it is the fact that I know what ribbons the kids in my projects have been awarded and since the fair won't open to the public until tomorrow, I'm keeping the secret!
I have errands to run this morning and hope to get some details and photos up today from our trip later in the day. I am still smiling about it all!

4 comments:

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Thank you so, so much for your encouragement on my posts about teen girls/modesty, etc... This is such a sensitive topic but we need to talk about it. Your encouragement and the encouragement of others lets me know that there are more and more of us mother's standing for modesty.

I am so excited for you that you went to WA DC. We are on the west coast. My Mom travelled to the DC area on April 28th and she got to go to Mt. Vernon and loved it. Our great country is so very rich in history. I look forward to hearing more about your trip.

Hope you have a blessed day,
Erin

Emie Kay said...

Awwwww! Shoot! I thought you could tell me what I got! ;)
Abiel

Jensamom23 said...

Abiel...I COULD...just not going to! Suffice it to say that you need to decide if you want to share your recipe.

Erin...Thanks for stopping by. Mt. Vernon was one of our favorite places!

the Provident Woman said...

Sounds like you were busy, busy.