Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 2

I imagine that today will be exhausting, exhilarating and moving. Having travelled to many places across the globe, I have not had the opportunity to see Washington DC until now and being able to do so with my daughter is even more special. We will be ascending to the top on the Washington Monument today as well as visiting the National Cathedral, and Mt. Vernon. Seeing the Lincoln, Korean and Vietnam Memorials will most likely move me to tears. The sacrifices that so many people over the years have made in order for us to live in this country is overwhelming. In addition, I am spending my 19th wedding anniversary away from my Betrothed. I love you, Honey!




2 comments:

Farmchick said...

I have to say that Mt. Vernon is just one of my all time favorite places to visit.

klutzymama said...

Happy Anniversary!!!