Monday, May 17, 2010

A Break

I do have the photos on the next day of our trip loaded, but am having a hard time putting that day into words. When we first returned, everyone asked what our favorite part was. I had so many...Mount Vernon was beautiful and peaceful...spending the week and bonding with my daughter was priceless...the green landscape was calming...the views from the Washington Monument were spectacular...you get the idea. I loved it all. The day we visited Arlington and the Capitol, however moved me to tears. I am having a hard time putting the experience that JD gave us into words. Also, being interrogated questioned by the Capitol police is something that makes my heart race when I think about it. So, for now, I am taking a break on D.C.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by Windy Poplars today. It looks like you had a BLAST in Washington! What great pics. You'll have to let me know if you try the Chx.BBQ recipe and what you think of it! Hope you have a wonderful Monday! ~Kristin