Monday, April 12, 2010

Taylor Swift


Months ago, I received a telephone call from my sister in law....she had purchased tickets to see Taylor Swift in a nearby town for Lollipop Pop, her cousin and the two of us! Yes, Lollipop Pop and I were thrilled! The concert was Saturday night, and I must say that I was blown away! We had fantastic seats (which helped) but I don't believe there was a bad seat in the house...the energy was contagious and magical. Gloriana is a new up and coming country band who opened the night. Kellie Pickler performed next. She came onto stage on crutches and left the same way. She sang several songs and was very gracious.


Taylor rose to the stage and began a fantastic show. My camera is not terrific in low light, so please forgive the quality of the photos...please. At one point, she "appeared" in an aisle amongst the crowd and sang from there. She then made her way down the stairs to a smaller stage at the opposite end of the arena before making her way through the crowd again to the main stage. She never stopped smiling and hugging fans...it was such a treat to see a young lady so appreciative and humbled by her fans.
The castle that was shown as the backdrop for "Love Story" is MY castle! :-) Yes, I am a ding bat when it come to that castle!
















I also got a kick out of this guys boots...












Thanks for a great evening with my girl, Taylor. We won't forget it!

3 comments:

klutzymama said...

Oh my! My girls are nuts over Taylor Swift and I like her too. She seems like such a sweet, down-to-earth kind of girl. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves!

Farmchick said...

Looks like a great show. My 9 yr old daughter is just in love with Taylor Swift and would have died to have been there!!

Jen's Farmily said...

I would love to see Taylor Swift in concert- they seem to sell out quickly though!! She seems like a nice girl, so I'm glad her concert kept that vibe!!