Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Party!

Kristin over at Windy Poplars is having a Kindred Spirit Connection Party today and her questions made me slow down from my schedule and think. I truly needed a respite today this was just the ticket!
Windy Poplars
What is your cultural heritage, and is it a part of your life?
My heritage is Scottish, German, English and Swedish. My Scottish Great Grandparents came to this country with $50.00 and 3 children. That was always a source of pride growing up...how they adapted to the way of life in this country. They immersed themselves in the language and culture and became prominent members of their community. My Great Aunt Nell even served as the Deputy Sheriff in her small town...all 5 feet of her! When my parents hosted Norwegian exchange students, my Swedish Grandfather delighted in starting "my country is better than yours" arguments! My English and German ancestors came to this country in time to serve in the American Revolution and Civil Wars.
2. Give a short description of your vision for your blog.
When I began I just wanted to share pictures and anecdotes with my family and a few friends...my vision hasn't changed much.
3. What is one thing you are really enjoying about spring?
Cool breezes and open windows make me happy.
4. Do you have an idea to share about something we could do today to bless our husbands/boyfriends to let them know they're special?
I just wrote a note telling my hubby that I appreciate him...especially when I am doing 100 different things and he feels like #101. I put it under his pillow.
5. Are you involved in any social club (garden club, dinner club, book club, etc.) - or would you like to be?
Not sure if Band, 4-H, School Parent Group, Baseball count as social clubs or not...if they do, then YES! If they don't count, then the answer is nope. In all seriousness, I love to read and putter in the garden, but don't really enjoy clubs for some reason.
This was fun. Thanks, Kristin!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Very nice post to read, enjoyed the heritage story, and you sound like a busy, down-to-earth Mom.
Have a lovely week. Blessings.

shannon (the daily balance) said...

fun! love hearing more behind the scemes stuff about bloggers ;)

Kristin said...

Hi! Thanks for joining in the fun today :-) Interesting heritage - love that about your Great Aunt Nell! Also great hubby idea...I might just go do that now.- Have a wonderful day! ~Kristin

Mrs. Ma'am said...

Thanks for the kind comment to my post. I enjoyed reading your answers. Your heritage story is quite interesting!