Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Irises


We live a short distance from a local iris farm which is gearing up for its annual open house. We drive past the fields of flowers several times a day on the way to school or town and Sugar Plum Fairy always asks to go there...especially at this time of year when they are in full bloom. I kept putting her off last week because I was busy with party planning and the like. Yesterday was the day. The laundry was not going to take offense at not being attended to so we grabbed the camera and set out. She was thrilled! She pointed out her favorites and I showed her mine. We talked about their names and how glad we were to live so close to something so pretty. What a wonderful way to start the week!

And guess what? The laundry wasn't offended one little bit...it waited patiently for my return...although I think it multiplied in my absence!

6 comments:

Emie Kay said...

Oh wow! We'll have to go there! Thanks for sharing the beauty of your life and this area. I love it.

Mama Bear said...

You have no idea how jealous these pictures make me! Here our trees are now just starting to get a few leaves, I have a few tulips blooming, but as for anything else it's still way to chilly at night. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

taaurus said...

Hey there ~ I'm visiting from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative ~ I'm following your blog now ~ have a great weekend! Em.

Denise said...

Following from The Creative Girl's New Friend Friday.

Stop by and enter a giveaway for a Rachael Ray Bakeware set:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb from New Friend Fri. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. We also are having a mother’s day giveaway til Wed. hope you can join in. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Oh wow, that is beautiful!
Wish there was something like that around here.