Saturday, April 17, 2010

Into his Heart

This is a 2 part rambling story...bear with me, please? My son returned from an FFA meeting on Thursday night with this pig cake. It came complete with a sign with his FFA club name, a blue ribbon as well as 2 tickets for our upcoming fair. The pig itself is sitting in a pen on cornflake "shavings" and cookie "poo". It is adorable! There are 3 girls running for the title of FFA Sweetheart and each made her own cake to be raffled off. Shaggy bought this cake for Lollipop Pop's birthday... all on his own...with his own money. I was touched that he thought about her and just a bit proud. He even came home and took pictures of it before carefully covering it and putting it in the fridge...all of which I had not suggested...this is a 15 year old boy, mind you. Fast forward to yesterday morning. As I was dropping Shaggy off at school, he and Lollipop Pop were grumbling and grousing at each other. This seems to be a common occurrence many mornings. After he got out of the car, Lollipop Pop was still grumbling at him...nothing in particular and not loudly, just grousing. I said that she needed to look at him and see the bright, shining parts...like a diamond in the rough. He is terribly kind and fun...sometimes those qualities are hidden under the guise of teenage boy. I then went on and told her to remember the cake he bought for her...with his own money...while thinking of her...hoping she would like it. Out of the blue, Sugar Plum Fairy said, and I quote, "You just need to look in his heart and know that he loves you."
There was no more grousing.


5 comments:

Rebcam said...

What a great story. I'm so glad you wrote it down...it's way to good to every forget. Former Shaggy Boy - I'm proud of you!

klutzymama said...

Oh that is such a sweet story! I need to remember it when my girls are fighting (which seems to be constantly!)

Farmchick said...

Awwww....what a sweet story. My daughter and I love the cake. We might have to try and make one.

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

I love this cake and what a sweet story! I was raised in the country too and I loved it and miss it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me some comment love!! I thought you might like to know that I've started a Messy Monday link party and would love for you to join! Come check it out at www.pumpkinpatchdesigns.blogspot.com

Twisted Fencepost said...

That is adorable!
And sweet!!