Monday, March 22, 2010

I discovered Amber's site a couple weeks ago and love her Friend Making Mondays. I decided to participate this week. Join in and enjoy!








1. Favorite things about Spring: I must say the blue skies and the green hillsides covered with poppies and mustard.

2. What I'm doing for Spring Break: Well...since my son was out LAST week for Spring Break and my daughter is out NEXT week, we are not doing anything special. I did/will get to spend some nice one on one time with each of them, though.

3. Favorite Spring flower: Tulips without a doubt.


4. Do you have a garden? I am working on it. We did have broccoli and chard this winter. The spring garden is in the works and I am determined this year to be successful.

5. If so, what do you grow. Oops....didn't read #4...Spring garden will have carrots, beets, celery and strawberries. We will plant tomatoes, peppers, squash and beans soon.


6. Do you do Spring cleaning? Heck I am still working on Winter cleaning!

7. What is your weather *really* like right now? {Just b/c it's "officially" spring, doesn't mean that it feels like it for some of you} I must say that this past weekend was truly spring in my book. We had temps in the upper 70's with lovely skies. It is warmer than normal, but will cool off to the low 70's in a couple days.


8. Snapped any weather related photos lately? Share one with us! I took my daughter on a drive yesterday for her to shoot some pictures....this is my favorite one.


9. What's your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon? As long as it is sunny and not 100* , I love lying on a lounge chair, reading and maybe napping a bit.


10. Favorite TV show right now? The Amazing Race





Happy Monday!

10 comments:

OutnumberedMama said...

Hi Howdy Hey - Happy Friend Making Monday! Great blog - I am now following, hope you can head over and follow by blog - http://scrapbookingforbusymoms.blogspot.com

MrsJenB said...

Nice to meet you! Looks like we follow a few of the same blogs!

I am totally envious of your garden - I have yet to get started and am overwhelmed but extremely determined!

Happy FMM!

Sammy said...

Happy FMM!

I love that picture of the old barn, it just screams spring to me :)

Beth said...

Stopping by from FMM. Your blog is adorable! I LOVE daisies! They're such a friendly little flower! :)

That barn picture is beautiful! I'm sure the memories made driving through the countryside with your daughter are equally lovely!

Tia said...

Nice to meet you. Love the photo of the barn!

Susan said...

Stopping over from FMM....I'm growing beets this spring too...never have before. Have you had success with them?

Farmerswife said...

The weather truly has been "springy" the last week or so.

Too bad your kids don't have the same break, bummer!

Kristin said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by Windy Poplars to visit...I always love making new friends :-) Hope you're having a great day, ~Kristin

Tipper said...

Nice to peek into your spring-I so agree with number 6 : )

legendswife said...

Hi, I'm a late follower from Monday. Just stopping by to say hello. I love tulips too:)
God Bless