Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Am A List Maker

I make lists...lists of menus...lists of chores...lists of errands...you get the picture. I feel in much more control when I have a plan and can see it on a sheet of paper. There is also something fulfilling to be able to cross a completed item OFF of the list. Spring in our home is, without a doubt, the most busy of the year. Beginning with Easter and ending with the final day of school, we are on the go constantly! This spring, however, promises to test my sanity as well as my list making abilities. There are the 2 regular fairs that we are involved in. In between the fairs, Lollipop Pop and I are going to Washington D.C . and New York on a school trip. I am in charge of organizing the school's Annual Spring Dinner (50+ years of success...no pressure, there!). Our taxes still aren't done. You get the picture. So last week, I made a list and I am involving everyone! There are things as mundane as taking Shaggy for a haircut (this actually got accomplished yesterday and he needs to think up a new nickname!), to painting the chicken coop and fixing the garden sprinklers. I need to find photos for both the 4-H Scrapbook and School Yearbook and get them to the appropriate people. Shaggy has to finish his rocket and "To Kill a Mockingbird". Lollipop Pop has to finish her decorated cake. I even put "make a packing list for D.C." See, I make lists to make lists.

4 comments:

OutnumberedMama said...

I am a total list maker too! I knew my list making was a little out of hand when my 4 year old was planning and told his little friends that they should all make a list before they continue! But I have the same feelings about making a list, I have more control when it's all in writing in front of me. I, too, make lists to make lists. When I see a particularly busy period coming along, I create my master list, the several sub-lists for each actual event. and the joy of marking something off the list is unexplainable to non-list makers! We are an elite crew, LOL!

Emie Kay said...

I'm joining the elite crew of list makers who LOVE to cross things off the list! LOVE IT! What else is there to say?! Thanks for your comments on my blog the other day. We have felt equally if not more blessed to have you in our lives this year! Thanks!

Tipper said...

I'm a list maker too : ) A list always makes me feel more in control-and it seems to help me get more things done too.

(How exciting about the baby goats-so neat)

Twisted Fencepost said...

Yep, add me to the list of list makers. I can prioritize (sp?) and much more done. And occasionally someone will see my list and help me knock it out. Love it when that happens!