Monday, March 8, 2010

A 5 Year Old's View of a Yard Sale.

While Saturday did not dawn sunny and bright, it also did not rain as the forecasters had predicted all week. You see, we were having a yard sale and I gambled on the weather. Up until Friday afternoon, the weather people were standing firm with their "large, cold, wet storm all day Saturday" speech. Friday evening, I found one weatherman that apparently had the inside scoop...no rain until Saturday NIGHT! I, ran with this new information and began packing stuff into the Tahoe. Living in the country, as we do, I had made arrangements to haul all of our stuff to my parents driveway in town. Long story short. all our loot was taken to town and set up. I loved watching the people throughout the morning. I told Lollipop Pop (this endeavor was helping pay for her school trip) that OUR purpose was to make the "grumpy people smile". We had fun and succeeded in every case! Sugar Plum Fairy was a trooper, as she always is. She wandered around the driveway, eating the donuts her grandpa bought and having fun. As the sale wound down, I gave her my camera to play with . The following shots are how she viewed the day.












































Best of all, this cute, HUGE dog found a new home with a little girl whose parents can say mean and nasty things to it when it is is in the way EVERYWHERE!!!!!

3 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

That's so funny! If you ever wonder how a kid sees the world, give them a camera.

Emie Kay said...

That is AWESOME!! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you sold her dog!