Monday, February 22, 2010

I did it!

Several weeks ago, I discovered this site and have been hooked ever since. She has fantastic decorating ideas! I never like the window area above our kitchen sink... it always looked boring to me. I needed to keep the blinds because it gets very hot and sunny in the summer but didn't like the look of them alone. (I do not have any before pics, so you will have to take my word for it) I also disliked the can light that was above the sink. It never gave enough light to see anything and it was boring! I found a post in her favorites that spoke to me LOUDLY! I read and reread the directions to make a Roman Shade and convinced myself that I could do this! I hightailed it to Walmart for fabric and made it! I now have a pretty valance and it hides the blinds when not in use! I had tried several of the pendant lights before, but had never found one that covered the existing hole in ceiling. Armed with the correct model number, I found it and installed it. Super easy and I could not be any more happy!

6 comments:

klutzymama said...

Wow, great job!! I am impressed!

Kate said...

Gorgeous light - but I'm really posting to get some info about the cards your mom made that were shown on the PW blog. :-) I would love to get a set for my mom who is a very accomplished knitter. Can you tell me how to get some?

Blessings,
Kate jkestes at gmail.com

Peggy said...

Love your kitchen window! I, too, am here to ask about the beautiful yarn note cards. My aunt would love those. She knits, gardens, sculpts, and used to play violin - so those cards would be perfect for her! If you are able, could you let me know how I can find them?

Thanks so much,
Peggy
koehler_family at juno.com

Anonymous said...

I, too, am interested in purchasing the knitting cards posted on PW. Can you connect me with your mom? Enjoyed your blog...first time I have read it. Kay Haworth
kayh44@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I just read your comment to Pioneer Woman....I want to know more about those yarn cards also....Please?!

Meredith said...

I am also interested in your mom's note cards. I don't knit myself, but I have lots of knitting friends I would love to give these cards to. Thanks lots. Meredith
meredithvj@hotmail.com