Monday, January 18, 2010

Fun Fridays

I have a tendency to think out loud. That fact has driven my husband nuts for nearly 2 decades, makes my teenager talk back, my 12 year old rolls her eyes and my 5 year old takes what I say as the gospel. Last week, I mentioned something about "fun Fridays". I think I was trying to come up with something for this silly blog. Well, Miss Sugar Plum Fairy thought it was a terrific idea and wondered where we were going and what we were doing on Friday. I started the explain to her that I was not talking about us, when I changed my mind and decided right then and there that she and I would have Fun Fridays together. I would then tell anyone who cares about it. Last Friday, was indeed a fantastic and fun day (up until we came home and discovered Jake ) Anyway. after we went to Lollipop Pop's school award ceremony, I took her to her favorite fast food restaurant and we headed to the park for a picnic. We went to Veteran's Park and ate lunch next to the U.S. military helicopter and then she was ready for the playground. She played on the swings, slides, tunnels... and the monkey bars! We even had a rousing game of hide and seek around an oak tree. It was a great afternoon!

6 comments:

klutzymama said...

Awww...what a great idea! She obviously had a blast, look at that sweet smile!

Jensamom23 said...

It was great!

*°º¤♥-=|F®äñ|=-♥*°º¤ said...

Hi dear...visiting ur sweet blog...add me in ur blogroll ok...i have a super cute blog too,alywas with great poems and posts talkin about the life,love and God.Big Hug!!

klutzymama said...

Hi Jen!
I tried to email you using the address on your comment, but it said there was some kind of error. Anywho, here's a link to the homemade laundry soap. One thing to note, the original recipe didn't call for the oxi-clean. I added that after reading someone else's blog that uses it. However, for some reason, the oxi-clean really does a number on the consistency of the soap. Without it, you get more of an egg-white kind of feel to it. With it, it is much more liquidy, and to me seems like the soap kind of separates from the water a little bit, so I have since stopped using it even though I really like oxi-clean. you could even just pour a scoop into the load after adding the homemade soap too. I never noticed any difference in the effectiveness of it, so I don't spend the extra on the oxi-clean anymore. Either way, your clothes will come clean.
some people also like to make the powdered version, though I've never tried it. I'm sure that there are tons of recipes out there for it if you wanted to try a google search.
let me know if you try it and how you like it!

Amee



http://klutzymama.wordpress.com/2009/08/03/do-it-yourself-laundry-detergent/

klutzymama said...

Here's another link to a powdered version. I think I'm gonna try this one.

http://beingfrugal.net/2008/03/04/homemade-laundry-detergent/

sarah said...

oh!! i can't wait until i can have fun fridays with my son!!