Thursday, November 5, 2009

Why I rarely BAKE!

I am not a baker. I can COOK with the best of 'em, but not bake. Not that I don't try. The Teddy Bear Cake that I attempted to make Shaggy on his first birthday had me in tears as I watched the icing melt and teddy bear arms fall off..guess when the book says "expert" they mean it. Sweet Pea's 12 layer cake is another example... Anyway, I decided that I really wanted to make some cakes for the school's Halloween Carnival. I had the the picture in my minds eye and gathered the ingredients. I also knew the pan the I needed....a small spring form that I had purchased for another baking disaster, I am sure. As I open the cupboard, the silly little knobby thing-a-ma-jig that holds the shelf up, came out. The shelf went all catty whumpus and I think I said a not nice word. I pulled EVERYTHING off the shelf into the floor....then I smelled something funny.






































In the delirium of baking a masterpiece, I had not checked the oven before I preheated it! Lo and behold, I remembered the pumpkin seeds that I had placed inside to keep these blasted flies off of! I reached across the floor from my kneeling position, opened the door and grabbed the pan with my naked fingers and dropped the pan....but not before I had moved it just off of the rack! I may NEVER bake again!

AND I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE CAKES!

No comments: