Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Thoughts for the Day.

Mom and Dad are actually on an honest to goodness vacation! They are visiting friends and family in a beautiful state many hours away and I have come to several conclusions because of this. Firstly, we are so privileged to live in a country in which we can travel where we want and when we want. Secondly, the surgeon who fixed Dad's back (a mere 5 weeks ago) thus allowing this trip to take place is a hero. Thirdly, as I watered their impressive garden this morning, I read the quotes that Mom painted around the edge of the patio..."The Amen of Nature is Always a Flower - Oliver Wendell Holmes" struck me as apropos in that garden. I came home and looked around MY garden...."A weed is no more than a flower in disguise - James Russell Lowell" is much more fitting.

No comments: