Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Wonderings

Ever wonder what happens when a crop duster (helicopter) buzzes your house at 5:45AM?
WELL, let me fill you in!
I got up about 5:15AM to put my clothes in the dryer (which I had forgotten to do last night).
 I came in to lie down on the couch until they were dry.
I started thinking of the yard work I wanted to get done this morning before the heat moved in.
 I had to make sure the yard waste garbage can was moved to be picked up today because I had plans of filling it up again this morning!
Well, I must have dozed off, because I woke with a start and jumped up at the sound of the garbage truck barrelling down the driveway!
OH NO!!!!
Would I make it before he left?
Clad in PJ's, no contacts, I stumble out the back patio door, trip over Shaggy's pup, who wants IN, say a not nice word, run out to the can which is in the middle of the wide open yard, squinting and peering to locate the truck (which was NOT there) just as our Mr. Crop Duster is swooping in to make ANOTHER pass over the house!
I am sure he will be calling hubby later to say his wife is a loon!

1 comment:

Dawn (dandy) said...

Ugh, I hate waking up like that and rushing around in a panic!